The following article can be used as a general troubleshooting guide for SpringCM Edit installed on the Windows operating system.
Before performing any of the following steps, we recommend you install the most current version of Edit. SpringCM Edit periodically checks to see if a new version is available and will let you know that a new version exists. You are under no obligation to upgrade. To confirm if a new version of the Edit client exists, perform the following steps:
- Open SpringCM Edit.
- Right click on the Edit Tray Icon (Win) and select Preferences.
- Select Check for Updates.
- If an update exists, please upgrade the Edit client and reboot on completion.
If you are using Windows 7 or earlier, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of Internet Explorer. If you already have IE11 or another browser, but are still encountering issues, you can try these other methods, going from simplest to most complicated:
- Go to the upper corner of the browser and see if pop-up blocker settings are preventing Edit from opening. You would see an icon like this in the browser’s address bar:
Click the icon and you will see a message similar to below. Click the radio button for Always allow plugins and click Done.
- Refresh the page and attempt to Edit a document. If this doesn’t work, move to Method 2.
- Show Hidden Files and Folders on your computer (Instructions via Windows Support here).
- Click the system tray icon (^ symbol) in the lower-right of your computer, right-click the SpringCM Edit icon and select Exit:
- Navigate to this path on your computer: C:\Users\yourusername\App Data\Roaming\SpringCM\SpringCM Edit
- Delete the SpringCM Edit folder. The folder will be recreated by Edit upon restart.
- Reopen the SpringCM Edit and sign in to SpringCM Edit.
- Edit a document. If this doesn’t work, move to Method 3.
- Exit out of SpringCM Edit.
- Uninstall SpringCM Edit by navigating to Start\Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, selecting SpringCM Edit and clicking Uninstall:
- When prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.
Navigate to this address and reinstall the software, accepting all defaults: https://knowledge.springcm.com/edit-download
4a: Click Download for Windows
4b: Click Next
4c: Check the box for I accept the license agreement above and click Next
4d: Leave the radio button set to Everyone and click Next
4e: Click Install
4f: The program will install. Click Finish when prompted
5. Select No when asked to restart
6. Sign into SpringCM Edit and try editing a document.
If these methods do not work for you, please open a case for additional assistance.